The idea of freight forwarding (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne) may appear intimidating on the surface, particularly if you have no prior knowledge of the industry and procedures involved, but the following crucial truths about the freight forwarding sector will hopefully shed some light on the various important aspects of the business and help you when the times come for you to call upon the services of a freight forwarder.
1) What is the job of a freight forwarding company?
Freight forwarding entities are tasked with the transfer of inventory from one location to the next. They’re experts at organising and managing all of the steps involved that concern the shipping companies, from warehousing services to the timely delivery of all products. They’re the middle man between the shipping company and all relevant delivery providers, communicating with couriers to broker the best deal and determine the most affordable and expedient method of transport for the customer.
2) A no-fuss way of importing and exporting products
Utilising a freight forwarding company for the purposes of importing and exporting wares ensures that the entire operation is much more efficient, helping to alleviate the anxiety that often comes with the transfer of expensive inventory. Freight forwarders have expert knowledge of all aspects of the supply chain and are able to provide advice and up-to-the-minute progress updates on your shipments. They are able to help with each and every minor and major detail that concerns the safe delivery of your products, from the warehousing phase to compliance and everything in between.
3) Freight forwarding companies offer a comprehensive suite of specialist services
Freight forwarding companies are able to provide professional services regarding each component of the supply chain, such as:
- Freight forwarding; air and sea freight, coastal shipping, domestic freight forwarding and transport
- Supply chain information technology; track and trace, purchase order management, landed costings, warehouse management systems, systems integration and customised applications, automated scheduled reporting
- Supply chain services; planning, management, transportation management, supplier management
- Third-party logistics and warehousing services; domestic 3PL warehousing, offshore 3PL warehousing, value-added services, distribution
- Customs services; brokerage, consultancy, Australian trusted trader accreditation, tariff concession applications and advice, duty drawback and tradex advice, compliance
- Export services; documentation, compliance-related export documentation
4) Extremely beneficial for you and your company
Calling upon the professional services of freight forwarding entities to transfer your products safely and securely to your wholesale partners or customers is beneficial in a number of ways. With their expertise and experience, freight forwarding companies help guarantee that your items are delivered to the right location on schedule and through a method of transport that is most affordable to you.
5) they’re not to blame for incidents that may delay transportation
While freight forwarders are tasked with the transport of your shipments through the use of shipping partners and other couriers, they themselves are not to blame for incidents that cause delays in the transfer of the goods. Such situations that may extend the delivery process include poor climatic conditions, shipping engine failure or other onboard issues, dock interruptions or unanticipated alterations to the journey. While such incidents are disappointing to all involved, just know that your freight forwarder is always working in your best interests and doing everything they can to ensure that any holdups are rectified as fast as they can.
Source: Free Guest Posting Articles from ArticlesFactory.com